PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 14:55
Lonewolf_50

Received 417 Likes on 260 Posts
Clandestino: your gracious response much appreciated. It occurs to me that if you've been a captain, you've been teaching pilots how to fly for quite some time. Apologies if my tone was anything other than cordial.
Can anyone confirm that "l'enregistreur de parametres" as fitted to AF 330s really doesn't record ADIRU2 (or ADIRU3) IAS output?
What display are you talking about?
Good question, I should clarify.
What I was referring to (what was in my mind as I posted that) was basic flying instruments: attitude indicator (pitch and roll aka AI), airspeed/Mach, altitude, vertical speed, slip and turn (which is incorporated into the AI if I read that diagram correctly), FPV.
-His Nav display may or may not have occupied his attention.
-Engine instruments in the center display position (to his left) probably dropped out early into the event. (ISIS seems a bit far across the cockpit for his scan unless he is sure AI is not reliable).
-Other warning displays on more than one display. How did they integrate into or disrupt his scan? Unknown. (Back to the "What was PNF doing?" consideration ... )
... left and ISIS pitot unclogged at different times so there's no reason to think that right pitot was in sync with either of the two remaining.
Agreed, which is why it would be interesting to know if what he saw was what ISIS and PNF saw, in re basic flight indications I note above. (EFIS, OK, better collective descriptor than my crude depiction) matched.
However there is no mention so far that any of the four attitude references tumbled or that ALT or VSI data got invalid at any time.
Roger, unknown, and important to keep bringing up, given the number of times we have seen (including some of my own "what if the gyro tumbled?" digressions in the last threads) statements that AI was not reliable. Not valid based on what has been released so far.
Don't jump to any conclusion from that however. It will take much more than this "report" to have good idea what happened with AF447.
Indeed.

Again, thanks for the response.