PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 13:08
andrewmcharlton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given that since the original pass the hat ransoms the world's economy has collapsed, there are no major corporate sponsors, fuel and insurance is up, oh they don't own the airframe and haven't built the educational legacy stuff the HLF grant was predicated on and they are essentially insolvent, is it time to put it out to grass and move on?

The much lauded "Vulcan Effect" at events hasn't produced the revenue, they can't balance the books and at the end of it either Marshall's or Whalton will end up with a claim on the airframe surely means there is no respectable and dignified end possible.

The communications of the team at HQ improved slightly but has so many inconsistencies it's scary. I mean what is the planned flight life, assuming they had the loot? It was 10 years at the start then I seems that Dr P suggests its 5 years? Pretty fundamental to a sponsor I would suggest and given that this year their clear and sustainable strategy involved more micro donations than corporates and that hasn't worked, what's the next plan?