PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 06:38
opherben

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MountainBear wrote
,"I think his time has been and gone. Everything he says sounds good in theory but he fails to mention the critical factor of money. Sims are not cheap, sim sessions are not cheap, practice lessons in the plane are not cheap. How much money is a society supposed to spend in order to save 200-300 lives. Naturally, if it's your life at stake you want them to spend a lot of money. But when it's the other guy, maybe not so much. Whether it is explicit or implicit there is always a cost/benefit analysis going on. Always. "
I beg to differ:
a. Sully landed on the Hudson with his USAF training and experience background dominating, not airline training.
b. The way for cost effective and inexpensive training starts with proper pilot selection, syllabus and training. My son following a few weeks in class then simulator sessions along one week, got his B737NG type rating and is now flying with that top notch airline. Contributors are, again: proper candidate selection, syllabus and training. Decision makers need to understand flight, airline management, and wrap-up this prohibitive cost bull.

Regarding who to spend money on, the study of ethics teaches us that the best way to get life quality is to pursue smart egotism, in which people benefit by donating private resources to their community.

Last edited by opherben; 2nd Jun 2011 at 07:00.