PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots, You Are Losing The Battle.
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 04:53
Capt Kremin

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
TG, I know you speak from the heart, but so do the QF pilots on this forum.
We saw what happened in 89. Many current QF pilots were involved and they share their experiences with other pilots on places like Qrewroom.
We know that the Company will come after us in some form or another.
They may try to escalate the dispute... all we can do is react appropriately.

But you appear to be saying that doing nothing; suffering death by a thousand cuts, is better than drawing a line in the sand.

You appear to be saying this on the experience of 22 years ago, when the situation and laws were very different.
Many groups have carried out industrial action during the intervening period without suffering the fate you did.

So what makes pilots a special case to be singled out for radical attention this time? The Government would have to be 100% on board with the airline. So far I have seen no hint of that.
If Julia Gillard goes on Sunrise and start making noises like, "If the pilots want a war then its war they will get...!" then I will be the first on the phone to Barry saying we need to re-think this.

I told you what AIPA wouldn't be doing. I would not tell you on this forum what we will be doing even if I knew the details for obvious reasons.

If you have a better course of action, I am all ears. But don't tell us to do nothing. Nothing is no longer an option. Nothing will see the death of the careers of hundreds and hundreds of pilots.

Over to you.