PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots, You Are Losing The Battle.
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 03:00
job123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TG. The thing is if we do nothing I and many others will not have a career here at this once great company in a few years time. Like others have said what do you suggest? To you and any other fear mongers out there you need to understand that many of us see no future in QF if we continue on our current award and management continue their current theme. That’s why this is nothing like ’89 - we feel have nothing to lose. I would rather fight now to make sure we have good future in our current job. If we lose I will get out by retraining in another career or buggering off to another carrier (not Jetstar) while I still am relatively young. This is a much better outcome then wasting another 5-10 years in the current toxic, stressful environment that is Qantas only to then be made redundant as I reach the bottom of the list. I know many people I work with feel the same way. So best best case we (pilots and other unions) are successful in our claims and the current management and their terrible strategies are seen for what they are, they are removed, in come people who know what they are doing and we can all work together to build this airline back to what it used to be (wishful thinking I know). 2nd best case we are successful and still have a relatively good long career at Qantas. Worst case we lose and I honestly don’t feel we will be any worse off than we are now (our flying will continue to be auctioned off to the lowest bidder, be it Jetconnect, Jetstar, Express Freighters, Qantas Asia etc). So that’s where it’s at. We want to keep out jobs and out of that will come the result that when a member of the public buys a Qantas ticket on a Qantas aeroplane they will get the appropriately trained Qantas pilots that they always expect to have at the controls. From this will flow the obvious safety benefits from using people with more experience etc. We are going to have a crack and let the chips fall where they may.

Got a better suggestion?

PS Re the title of this thread.
From all reports and video articles such as on Hungry Beast, I am not convinced the title of this thread is correct at all.

Remain unified all and we will be successful!
Join facebook group and/or community ‘Qantas PIA’ for other info.