PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2011, 22:08
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lonewolf50
Unless what has been posted is wrong, the FDR does not record what was on his display.
Good point, seems I've made one assumption too many, my apologies, sir. Can anyone confirm that "l'enregistreur de parametres" as fitted to AF 330s really doesn't record ADIRU2 (or ADIRU3) IAS output?

What the pilot flying was seeing is driven by his scan.
You assume that his displays matched the Left Seat displays. Fine.
Not quite. What display are you talking about? Speed or everything else on EFIS? If what's now just hinted gets confirmed in future reports, left and ISIS pitot unclogged at different times so there's no reason to think that right pitot was in sync with either of the two remaining. However there is no mention so far that any of the four attitude references tumbled or that ALT or VSI data got invalid at any time. Don't jump to any conclusion from that however. It will take much more than this "report" to have good idea what happened with AF447.

Originally Posted by Lonewolf50
You spend much time teaching people how to fly?
I don't know if you have, but I have.
Very well, sir. May you long continue to do so and may you teach your students well. However, whatever, you, me or anyone else on this forum chooses to do as daytime job, it has no bearing on what happened to AF447.

What we know so far is very little. It is only natural to try to fill the gaps with some conjecture but this method hasn't historically proved itself to be accurate or useful.