PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA FCL - implementation date
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2011, 19:30
Cathar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe you do not fully appreciate this, Cathar, but the reason why, in comparison to your run-of-the-mill national civil servant, you get paid quite a bit more, receive an expat allowance and get it all tax free is that we citizens of the EU have high expectations from our executive, whom we have invested with the exclusive prerogative of proposing legislation to parliament.
? I don't work for the Commission and never have, and I have certainly never suggested that I do.

You are of course right that Article 70 can be amended. However, such an amendment would have to be made by a Regulation of the Council and the Parliament and would have to go through the full co-decision procedure, which is not normally a quick procedure.

Quote:
As the Chairman of the Committee pointed out, the requirement for the pilots, including those of EU based third country aircraft, to have an EASA licence is contained in Regulation 216/2008.

I think you should worry about your next medical, because if you think that Brian said that in the meeting, you're going to fail your audiogram, mate.
I'll take you word for that, I'm not going to watch it all again. Nevertheless it is indisputable that the requirement for the pilots of EU based third country aircraft to have an EASA licence is contained in Regulation 216/2008 and that the European Parliament voted in favour of that requirement.

My understanding of this is that national authorities can require that validation earlier if they so wish but 8th April 2014 is the last time I can exercise my FAA PPL/IR privileges in an EU based N-reg aircraft.
That is my understanding too. The power to derogate from the requirement is given to the Member States and is limited to two years. It will be interesting to see how this works eg: will the derogations be restricted to the Member states's airspace.