PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Morale Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2002, 02:06
ZAZOO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is not good news at all, how can people do this to an airline like yours, boy...EASYJET AND GO Pilots talking like this...

Morale rock bottom at easy due derisory pay and conditions changes soon to be announced.

Fat cat management laughing all the way to the bank with pilots and cabin crew working to maximum FTL.

Effective cut in overall package being kept under wraps by senior management until they can decide how to sell it to the pilot workforce.

Potential industrial action by up to 49% of pilots looming.

Many size 9s thinking of walking.

AND THEN

I think the truly offensive thing about this is the 'spin' put on by the managers at easyJet. Their 'head-in-the-sand' attitude displays either incredible ignorance of what's going on in their airline, or utter stupidity in their approach to 'managing' it.

With the inspirational Stelios gone, those calling the shots lack credibility, respect, ability, and even basic management skills.

The remarks about Barbara (above) are spot on. She used her vision, drive, and principles to build a fine airline. So did Stelios. He stepped out, she stood for what she believed in and had to let go.

My only question is, whether the airline's founder will grasp the nettle and set about re-building the business? He built the brand in a magnificent manner, and should keep a close watch on a potential failure.

AGAIN

Can I just say as an easyJet training captain that the pilots here are exactly the same as pilots everywhere.The vast majority are very good guys/girls doing a very good job in trust me,the most trying of circumstances.To the Go pilots I can assure you we will be very happy to work with you on a professional and personal basis.Any trepidation about our coming together should be directed at our (soon to be) collective management.There is a lot of accuracy in the saner comments already stated here.If any interviewee was treated in an arrogant and smug manner,then I am personally embarassed to be associated with that attitude.I am sure the external perception of easy is that we are an orange cult,running around like moonies.If any of the pilots have bought into the fatuous concept of 'orangeness', then I have yet to meet them.I refer again to my first sentence.We are in dire need right now of some sensible guidance from our union.Let's wait and see.

OKAY !

So if you all go with the idea of popular opinion, what is the solution to this whole saga, because by the looks of things here something drastic has to take place for things to change for the better. Please let no one bring these two airlines to an end.

Just concerned

Zazoo