PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2011, 14:31
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sensor_validation
With respect to who was flying from where do you now challenge the previous 'agreement' between PJ2 and Lemurian summarized in this old post?
No. At first glance, this is how I deduced that the RHS would be occupied by the FO1 (David Robert) and Blujet shed a doubt on the LHS qualification issue.
From what Lemurian already said, based on AF operations, it was almost certain that FO1 would be PF or PNF (with Captain PF) always from RHS and that the FO2 would take the LHS at cruise as PNF when the FO1 was PF.

This was confirmed by PJ2 also:
Originally Posted by PJ2
Yes, understand - the procedures I am familiar with are the same, except perhaps that for the Relief Pilot position, AF uses First Officers who are licensed to sit in the RHS? Regardless, at some point, the F/Os doing the relief for one or the other two crew members will have to sit in the LHS but this would only be in cruise flight. By your statement I believe you mean that F/O's are not allowed to sit in the LHS for takeoff or landing, and that is the way I am familiar with. The Relief Pilot does not sit in either the LHS or RHS until the aircraft is in the Cruise phase of flight...that would be top-of-climb to top-of-descent.
Consequently, the LHS qualification for this part of the flight should not be taken into consideration: PF could actually have been FO1 (Robert) from RHS with FO2 (Bonin) as PNF from LHS, while the Captain was resting.