PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quick rant....
Thread: Quick rant....
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2011, 07:52
BoeingDreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Negativity, why?

What's there to be negative against in the industry?

Getting paid 1000 Euro a month for 18 months, after paying £30.000 for your own TR!
People giving promises that they never keep!

Having only been qualified for few months, I have to admit much of the negativity is in fact based on facts. It seems that for some it seems to be a fools game, all THEY WANT is YOUR/OUR money in any way they can get it.

I believe as a PPL you will have very little basis to voice your opinion, as you will not have had any experience in what job search in this sector entitles. I have done business for 20 years, and always been honest, it does not seem that these are ethics aviation work with.

I am not bitter, I am just stating how it really is, unless you have very good contacts (and even then it is not easy), there is very little chance get a sniff of a job at the moment. There are jobs, but most of them go in house, or trough private connections - which I understand, but it does not make it easier.

A privilege to be a pilot! Why? I have had professions which have been similar prestigious, which even less people in the world would know how to do, I did not do it because I wanted to be special and different, but because it was something that I wanted to do for myself, not something I did to show that I was special. And in the US a pilot licence is much less special then in Europe, as I know plenty who at one stage in their life had a PPL in the US.

What is wrong with the industry? Lack of vision is one of them, pilots and FTO's looking to screw pilots for their money with promises of help to get jobs - make sure you read the print twice before you sign anything or do anything, because be sure, you will be the victim!

The industry rules are that the low cost now really want to get rid of the FO as a job, they want it to be paying trainee pilots, that is the long term prospect until one of them makes a hole in the ground!

I think the biggest problem is the attitude the industry has got to pilots, because there are to many pilots, newbies, who don't mind working for a bag of peanuts as long as they get to fly fly fly!
They know this, and they make us all pay for this!