PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2011, 07:21
MartinM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that the NPF says, "we have lost the speeds, alternate laws then"

According to the checklist, I don't get the point why the PF, which was FO No2, the one with the least flight experience, pulled the side stick.

As we know from the FDR data, the climb was commanded and not coming from an updraft turbulence.

By pulling the stick he induced a vs of 7000, which exceeds the max of the aircraft by 1000 ft/m. 6000 is max.

Secondly, the A330, same as the A320 are equipped with two GPS systems apart from the pitot tubes. Even if all of them have failed, the still could verify GS on the ADIRS panel overhead and in MCDU.

He pushes the throttle handle into TOGA which is according to the checklist alternate at that time. Somewhere I read that this is revised now.

I exercised this yesterday on an A320 sim @FL360. TOGA will not initiate a climb at 7000 ft/min. And he PF managed to reduce to 700 ft/min as per FDR data. Why the heck would he still climb. We are not talking about a propeller engine that generates dramatic updraft at full throttle.

CB ceiling was up to FL550. Clearly not over-flyable. I really don't get the point why the PF pulled on the sidestick.

I did already once a deep stall an the A340 sim at FL390. I am was unable to recover. I was falling out of the skies. No matter how far forward I pushed that stick, the nose never got down to recover as I can do on the F18. My deep stall, was nose up with about 20°

Off-Topic, because was asked.
Now for all those asking about my flying experiencing. I have only Level-D sim experience and MS Flight Sim. I have 6 hours on A340 Level D and 2hrs on F-18C Level D. I am not a pilot. And realtime flying experience on MS FS about 4000+ hrs A320/A330.