PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quick rant....
Thread: Quick rant....
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2011, 07:15
ct8282

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks peeps. I'm glad you all responded the way you have. I was expecting the normal mob to jump on the thread and kick off about how this industry is sh*t, and how the FTO's are criminals and exploit us poor wannabies.

I wrote the thread as I was doing my normal scanning of the forum and after reading soooo many new and old threads about this so called sh*t industry and how I shouldn't waste my time flying a plane ever again I started thinking back over my life and really challenging myself and my aspirations to be a pilot. Instead of feeling down and put off I realised that in my life so far I have had to work hard and generate my own success. No one handed it to me on a plate, my parents didn't give me any money, I just spoke to the right people, made the right enquiries, took opportunities when they arose and worked hard. Nothing more than that.

Flying is no different. It's true that there are not enough jobs to go around the many qualified pilots but is this different to any other industry, really? I wonder what the moaners think should happen. Perhaps they think that the airlines should buy more Boeings and Airbuses so that we can all have a job. They seem to forget that the airlines operate a certain number of aircraft to fulfill their passenger demand. Perhaps then the moaners think that more people should fly more often so that the airlines could buy more aircraft and we could all have a job?

At the end of the day, the industry is where it is. Life is tough, and competition for any job in any industry will exist. That's the game and rather than just sending hundreds of CV's and then moaning that no one will interview them, perhaps the 'moaners' should look for ways to differentiate themselves and make their application stand out.

Have a great day peeps.