PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Pilots 'unfit for flying' Sent Home
Old 1st Jun 2011, 02:38
hanoijane

Sorry, couldn't let that be the last post.

That's ok. It's an Internet forum. You're free to disagree.

Poor pilots - No! how does some circumstantial, tabloid generated rumour mill, about a non-flying incident question a pilot's technical ability?

I apologise. Of course you're correct. They could be outstanding pilots. And I'll happily concede that at their very worst - even intoxicated - they'll likely be better pilots than I.

But as so many have pointed out, being outstanding behind the stick is not the complete job. Being able to lead by example is important too. As is exemplary judgement in difficult situations. And for me, it's the latter that is unforgivable.

Poor personal judgment - Absolutely!

So where do we start to suspect that poor personal judgement in one area of an individuals life may be indicative of poor professional judgement in other areas? Can a man be an amazingly competent strike leader and a lush? I dunno, but I suspect not. And I certainly wouldn't care to be on his wing to discover whether or not I'm correct.

Mods FFS please close this!

Threads die naturally where there's nothing left to say or no-one interested enough to say it. No need to force the issue. Besides, this thread is p*****g Really Annoyed off mightily, which may be the sole reason for letting it run and run...