PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2011, 01:52
Oba1kanobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Miller said,
"Can anyone tell me how many pilots Arik has and a current breakdown of the fleet. An Arik Air photo would also go down well (high res). Also when the salary nonsense started and what has been done in attempts to rectify it."

Why would you want this? You can go to the highly accurate website at Arik Air Limited for the fleet. The pilot population is so fluid that, honestly, the company couldn't give you a verifiable number. You can imagine the turmoil that not getting paid for many months does. If you need a number, just make it up, like Arik would.

Arik never really paid exactly on time, but usually within a few days to a week late. There were a few times that they did pay on time, but that was extremely rare. About one year ago, when this thread started, is when it really went downhill; after Jason Holt was shown the door for ruffling the feathers of Fat Ass.

Unfortunately, there was never anything done collectively by the pilot workforce. Some refusals to work (and a few sackings), but mostly folks just realized the futility and left when they could. Some would work for the potential at an upgrade to captain or larger aircraft. Those were very rare, considering the almost five years and 30 aircraft, and hundreds of pilots during that time. Truly, these latter group, who would literally "sell their souls" for this company, probably will have the most heart break with this failed company.
There are any number of sources for a photo. Try: Airliners.net | Airplanes - Aviation - Aircraft- Aircraft Photos & News

If you need a non-copyright photo, post an email and I'm sure somebody will send you something worthwhile.

I left Arik many months ago, as I could fairly accurately predict what my labors would eventually provide me by staying.

Last edited by Oba1kanobe; 1st Jun 2011 at 02:03.