PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2011, 01:17
BarbiesBoyfriend

PJ.

OK. After this I'll never mention it again.....but...the trimless Airbus helps its pilots all the time trimwise, right up til when it stops. And then it leaves them precisely where?

I know you can practise 'manual flight' in an Airbus just like any other a/c, but please don't forget a bus ain't like a non-bus. In many ways.

Takata, to answer your first question, of course not, but the pilot held the stick back, the bus trimmed the tail 'nose up' (almost to max) and then stopped trimming.

So now, the pilot had to manually reverse, using his manual trim wheel that he never uses, a trim input that he never made!

Youre second point, that they ought to be able to push over even with the tail trimmed for full nose up I dispute (but only from experience of non-buses, so dismiss it if you like. These tails are really powerful though).

Third point, if implied, 'why not stick full forward til impact'. I'm as baffled as we all are.

I see you are from Toulouse.
I just think the bus rather isolates its pilots from what's actually happening. That's just an opinion.