PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots, You Are Losing The Battle.
Old 1st Jun 2011, 00:40
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's on here - Pprune is all we need

The traditional media also sponge off social media to pick trends and public interest items. They don't usually credit their sources but if you follow both you can pick up where the print/tv journos are getting their ideas from.
If there had been bulletin boards, social media and similar in 89, the outcome may have been different.
Worrals in the wilds is spot on, pilots should should use pprune like the engineers do. We do have the ability to send links to journalists counteracting the spin coming from the likes of Joyce and Wirth on the day this spin is presented in the media. For example,
The real Qantas kamikaze - to be sure to be sure | Daily Telegraph Miranda Devine Blog
When this story was published it only had 14 comments, but when Miranda returned from her weekend the comments jumped to 60 last count. I suggest we monitor these stories from pprune. The range problem DFW - SYD is a fine example of the risk taking the bean counters are prepared to take, (having the right equipment helps) sadly as I scan the mainstream media today, they simply just don't get it.
It is my view, we need to come up with a thread name that we can request to become a sticky from the mods to become the media thread for all to see. Collectively, we have some great writing talent on here who would help get the real message across to the punter and media.

There is no doubt in my mind, this current lot of managers have trashed the Q brand and now are so desperate to save face they will go to any lengths to get the message out "it's all the staffs fault," which is not the case at all!

From another thread Qantas board split - Joyce to go? a brilliant post from B772
The shareholders must be getting nervous about the financial performance of QF for the last few years.

Morningstar advise the current total investment return as follows:
Over 1 Year -16.4%
Over 3 years -13.2% per year average
Over 5 Years -3.9% per year average
Over 10 years -0.5% per year average

Over the last 3.5 years the share price has dropped from $6.06 in October 2007 to a low of $1.38 in March 2009. They are currently finding support just over $2.00.

Since Clifford and Joyce have been at the helm the financial performance has been a disaster with long term investors seeing their returns wiped out. The index stocks show an average return of 9.1% per year average over 10 years. (BHP is 18.8% over 10 years)

History suggests the performance of a company is a reflection of its management. QF has been sadly lacking since Dixon was appointed.
Says it all really.

Last edited by TIMA9X; 1st Jun 2011 at 01:28. Reason: typo