PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Pilots 'unfit for flying' Sent Home
Old 31st May 2011, 22:52
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had an Epiphany, and three tins of Strongbow, so here we go:

Let's make up some **** about some boys or girls, or boys and girls, in the RAF out there in Sandyland.

We can invent some supposed offence and colour in some circumstances, anything will do, no need for facts.

Then sit back and watch the "Holier than Thou brigade" fight those of the "There but for the grace of God" tribe and we can all chip in with nuggets of encouragement.

That will give the Typhoon drivers a break and allow loads of spleen venting without any real victims.

The absence of facts in my scenario is no different to the preceeding thirteen pages. If, and that's a big if, we accept the official line, the only "reliable" witnesses are the two cops who picked them up. There's more chance of finding all three tramps from the grassy knoll than getting to bottom of this.

I've been taken home, and other places, in a Police car after a night of drinking. Never been arrested for it, just conveyed home because the cops thought that was best. I am in a fortunate position of being able to get a Blue Light Taxi home from Police social functions where pubic transport is not a good idea, particularly for the wasted. If it was known by the great unwashed how much of that happens it would make news for a day or so, but who really cares?

Perhaps this story would not have been so "newsworthy" if it had centered around "blatant misuse of Italian Police resources" for Typhoon stars rather than the "Jet Jockey too pissed to stand up" kind of headline.

Maybe they were as pissed as rats, or maybe just cheery and they got a lift home and were done in by the Snowdrops. Either way, assuming they had infact had a few drinks, their own recollection of events will be suspect.

What I do know for sure, is that I wasn't there so I don't ****en know how drunk they were, or were not. Loads of room in here for people with the same amount of knowledge of the situation. I've not heard from a mate who was told by a bloke who bought a beer for a girl who knows a guy who said he saw them.

We should lock this thread and start a new one for those who need to discuss drinking (or not) on ops, so that we can leave the Typhoon guys alone.