PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2011, 21:40
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE][If your are seriously going to mandate/insist that the Captain must be in his seat for the "tricky part" of every flight, irrespective of the qualifications and/or experience of the other pilots, how are you going to do it/pay for it? BTW I've no problems with two captains on a three pilot augmented crew if that's your answer
/QUOTE]

Wiggy, I don't think you read my post with the attention it deserves ! )

In my dreams, yes ! I would love to have a second captain. By the way, that's what Emirates does on long sectors to Australia.
If not, at least, I want a Senior guy who is command trained, like Lufthansa.
I am not at all satisfied, and let me tell you I am not alone, with the system we have.
So if the tricky part turns out to be most of the flight, chances are...............I'll be sticking around for a good chunk of the flight. Call me a woos, I don't care.
I was in the bunk only a couple of days ago as I will be tonight and couldn't help thinking about my colleague, lying there in the dark and having to rush to the cockpit and try to make sense of what he was handed. I too, would have been toast on that one.
At the end of the day, you don't know the fellows you're flying with and they may or may not give you a good impression at sign on, hard and cruel fact is this : 7000 ft/ min at FL350 blasting off to 380. If you can sleep with this, good on you ! I can't.