PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 31st May 2011, 16:49
elrehab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tinkerbell 200

im really being realistic. I have a lot of experience with middle easterns and especially middle eastern men. A company run by middle eastern men (emirates) well , they are very image based. And of course they discriminate. Emirates hire older people over 30. Yes they do. My friends friend made it. But shes an extremely attractive 35 year old woman. Why do you think they ask for casual pics of potential recuits if they make it to the interview stage. Does providing casual pics really matter? To tell you the truth (me) a person who loves photos and have a portfolio of professional pics, and thousands of other artistic style pictures, it honestly really put me off and made me depressed for the moment. And this is coming from a person that has numerous upon numerous glamour professional model pics to present to a company such as emirates.

So, will they choose me because i look hot? maybe, i have years upon years of customer service experience, and can answer any question confidently, but its an extreme turn off for me to be chosen based on looks. thats why i feel comfortable applying for airlines that arent as strict and choose a whole range of people based on merit.

i wouldnt change myself in order to join an airline.,

thanks for wishing me luck. i would prefer virgin australia over tiger though, but i go in later today with the knowledge i have a job with tiger. so im all cool with that , am not stressing

advice to people is not to stress. keep applying for jobs even if you have got a job with an airline. always search for better. My tiger training has been put on hold. But im going to go for other interviews with other airlines. i might even go to emirates in june 11th, if anything just to see how they run it all. open yourself to other possibilities and just go and experience it all.