PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA FCL - implementation date
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2011, 16:17
proudprivate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pfankuchen mit Spek und Eier aus Köln...

The dogs breakfast menu can be found here:

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meetdo...icences_en.pdf

Implementation dates proposed specify April 2012, with a derogation until 8 April 2014 for helicopter licenses and licenses for non-commercial operation of aircraft; and with a derogation until 8 April 2015 for an number of specific ratings such as the mountain rating, towing rating etc... provided the member state notifies the Commission and E-Arse-Ah (before April 2012) of its intention to use the derogation.

The CAA seems to indicate its intentions of using the derogation possibility.

Now, for those having followed the parliamentary discussion, there is a non-negligeable chance that the Transport Committee of the European Parliament rejects the E-Arse-Ah proposal. A video of the latest discussion (25 May 2011) can be followed below (from 10:10 onward):

Committee meeting

In this, Mr Bradbourn (UK, CON) is urging the transport committee to reject the proposal. Obviously, should the transport committee decide to do this, the question of the implementation date becomes moot, as it then will no longer have a legal basis. This is the main reason of uncertainty the CAA is hinting at.

In order to increase the probability of this happening (and "this" meaning avoiding the loss of the IMC, the wipeout of the N-registry - at least those not able to afford a corporate workaround, an overall decrease in aviation safety per flown hour, etc...), it is important to write to your MEP's informing them of the disingenuities spewed by the guy dressed as a dogs dinner in seat number 154 and the overall havoc the proposal would create.

The first thing you should all ask yourselves when you get up is "Have I already written to my MEP and my Transport Minister about this ?". Then you should move your EASA into gear and do it.

Last edited by proudprivate; 31st May 2011 at 16:20. Reason: typos corrected