PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFAP (Federation) takes legal action against Jetstar
Old 31st May 2011, 12:36
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mcdonal, a fully qualified F/O would be to me, someone who had come up thru the ranks, either a Airforce or GA pilot, who had some time in a regional, FDS or freighter, had spent some time on turbo props, and had at least 500 hrs jet time. He/she would have had at least 2000 hrs all up. My logs show me at 400 hrs a chipmunk pilot delivering mail to small towns and cattle stations. The chipmunk was a single with dubious tendencies, and it was my teacher. I used to collect the mail in Isa and deliver it as mentioned above. I used to camp out at isolated airstrips, cook a meal with a little kero stove, and sleep under the wing in a swag. Seriously. A great life for a young pilot, and a great way to learn the trade. Even when I was on 747's I relished the days on the Chipmunk, strange, you spend your whole life trying to get ahead on type, and then look back and wish you had enjoyed it more! Human nature I guess.