PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bachelor of aviation (flying) degree
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2011, 12:09
jieunni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You choose. I did the degree, did the training with bells whistles did the GA did the turbo props, did the crap jet job now I have a good jet job. 15 years of right moves and mistakes. A degree before getting a job was one of the mistakes.

Get the trade do the training get a flying job then do the degree.
That can't be said for every degree. You never know what will happen in the future and for some people, it may not be feasible to then start university and study for three or more years. Indeed, it's possible to do distance education and study part-time, but I think you would agree that one should choose a degree that is in align with one's interest. As I've pointed out in the previous page, some degrees cannot be studied part-time.

[M]y point is that Aviation degrees do provide an excellent learning environment that allows you to make the most out of your theory and/or flying training.
This is really good point that I think you don't appreciate [Mr. Hat]. Some sudents actually want to go to university and experience university life and if you were to reply and tell me that I am

messing around
with my univerity degree, I think you would find that you would be in the minority. Although, if you refer to degree as an aviation degree, then yes, I would agree that an aviation degree is pointless. But that is my own view and Roxy raises a strong and valid point about the learning environment