PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2011, 11:26
lovepolicehelicopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wouldnt say i a master of air support unit but from a person outside of that field i have pretty good knowledge through looking it up some might call me sad i just look at it like my hobbie and it what i enjoy will always be a fan of air support unit always have and always will just some people are clueless and think fook off police helicopter it 3am you woke me up when soon when all the cuts have happened it will be when you need the helicopter it never fooking here you can picture them words from the idiots already but that is uk im sorry to say if it a waste of money to they need it themselves and to move bases around passed the 15 or 20 min window is silly aswell as you still have ASU but at much later time it will seem pointless and will be alot of AREA SEARCHED NO TRACE so then bean counters will get it in there head to scrape helicopter all together some people has mentioned tasks like check a scene of rtc will be ok for longer transit times check noone thrown from the vehicle however even that might be dodgy if they banged there head against windscreen and through concussion started to walk off it has happened and the helicopter managed to find them however in 20mins people even injured ones can walk fair distance suspects and vehicle no chance and make chance of fail to stops as even now before helicopter on scene they get lost and no further sightings im sure people will back me up on that statement i wanna be police air observer one day and will try and live my dream but by then who knows where ASU if atall will be there let me say this ASU was at the all time best before the cuts and it now seems to of done it job and will be a slow death people moan about what helicopters used for and is it worth them for the cost of the crime well let say somebody stills a mars bar 40 odd pence and make off from officers however end up on the roof yes for 40 odd pence however we all remember the met police officer who fell through the roof and died that could of been for 40 odd pence but the ASU can now attend and put the containment in OFFICER SAFETY they are HUMANS who have lives aswell.

at the end of the day companys have budgets because they can meet budgets if they plan better to meet targets a supermarket has sales v waste as they can be met and companys have staff costs as they know it can be met YOU CANT BUDGET POLICE AS YOU CANT BUDGET CRIME that the bottom line you cant say well sunday the helicopter goes up once then monday the helicopter goes up twice CRIMS dont work shifts and all i can say is the first fail to stop ASU 20mins away the 1st public death through vehicle failing to stop through the cuts and then gets away IPCC will have a field day............ rant over ASU down but carry on fighting

thanks i dont know everything but do give it a try