PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates layover destinations and bidding system
Old 31st May 2011, 09:39
kcar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again!
It's good to hear that there are options. We've been expats for years and likes that so moving to Dubai would not be a problem. But we've gotten used to me being home every day and only having less than 10 days off per month so in case I got most turnarounds our life style wouldn't change that dramatically. Knowing that would make the transition easier for everyone. ULH will get more days off but that would be a benefit down the road if that's what we're looking for then. So I take it short hail is not what people are bidding for then.

I got some understanding of the bidding system but not so in depth. What are the choices more specific? Can you bid to only do LHR in one month for example? Is it possible to bid for things you do not want to, like the asian-oz-nz, third of a month trip?

A third one, hope you don't mind. I've tried to find info about the ULH/augmented crew/FLT limitations. Some says only stick time goes towards FTL but I've also read stick time only for the augmented crew while basic flight crew get total block time, which is it? Say a LAX return, is one of the crew basic crew all the way and back and the other is augmented or do they swap at the turnaround? Of the 32h+ block, who logs what?
Then who decides when to swap over in flight by the way? Say one guy is getting overtime that month, I guess he's keen to get stick time or is it determined by flight ops somehow? Sorry if some of the questions are silly but the only thing I know is a three letter acronym, LCC
Cheers!