PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Pilots 'unfit for flying' Sent Home
Old 31st May 2011, 09:26
Avionker

Received 172 Likes on 80 Posts
Makes me wonder if people in a position of authority have any time to worry about the task in hand, or the welfare of those under their command, these days.

They are obviously too busy fretting about what the media think, or whether vital international projects might get cancelled because of something they didn't do. It could be awfully bad for ones career after all.

Personally I would have thought that someone who has been the victim of inaccurate media reports would have more sympathy and understanding of the position that these 2 gentlemen found themselves in.

Then again anyone who thinks, and I quote:

The brutal truth is that the level of operational experience across the RAF exceeds anything that has occured over the last 50-odd years, and this is reflected in the campaign medal tally many of us now have (6 at last count, excluding QGJM). This is why I - and I suspect many of my serving colleagues - have little in common with the blazer-wearing, crimson faced, bewhiskered old buffers demanding a Defence Service Medal for 2 years spent in W Germany or elsewhere. If they were on operations, fine, otherwise they should count themselves lucky for not being away for extended periods of time from friends and family, amongst communities that would cheerfully kill them!
Appears to be so full of themselves that they probably have little time for others. Unless of course that other person can in anyway help them progress up the promotion ladder.