PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Photographing aircraft
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 23:21
B314

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several years ago I was at London City Airport’s car park which affords a perfect view of the runway. After a short while I was approached by a policeman who asked me politely if I was aware that I was in fact filming on private property? He also requested that I did not film inside the terminal as the owners would get upset as permission has to be sought for any filming. I was aware of that but presumed it related to inside the terminal building as such and not the car park, but as they own all of it.......

He took my details in the event that in that should an incident occur I may have caught something useful on camera and tactfully suggested that I could film across the dock at a public location where incidentally I wouldn’t have to pay the car parking fee. Unfortunately the sun was shining towards the camera at that location so I gave it up. I wondered afterwards if a politely written request to the airport might have granted me permission but somehow I guess either some form of payment might have been required or else I’d have been denied a “pass” lest the word got out and hordes of video cameras would be there within weeks!