PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 21:04
panpanpanpan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eastern - again your reply strikes me as being arrogant and somewhat dismissive of opinions other than that which you deem to be acceptable. My point was simply this, as a contractor to NATS (which I assume you are going by other posts) surely it is irrelevant to you where you work and what decisions are made by politicians and planners.
Your concern for the environment is again touching, does this explain why departing aircraft from BHD are routinely levelled at 3000 feet when there is no conflicting traffic within the TMA?

NWSRG - the last rumours I heard, which I have no reason to disbelieve were that BFS management are considering closing at night due to the lack of traffic. I understand the police and military can operate anyway as they do so in the UK mainland. RW17/35 was also rumoured to be withdrawn due costs. I have also heard rumours that BHD is replacing their ILS on RW22 with CAT3 compatible kit and a glidepath is being installed for RW04.

I have been reading Pprune for some time regarding the arguements for both or one airport and dont pretend to be an expert on critical mass of pax etc, but I do know that it is unrealistic to expect one airport to close in order to facilitate another to make profit whilst they are both owned by private companies. Could you imagine Tesco closing stores in order to help Sainsburys because Sainsburys were struggling to make a profit?