PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 20:29
copeland1957

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife was travelling through PIK with my sister-in=law on Friday. On entering security with hand luggage my SIL presented her clear bag with liquids to the security officer, only to be told "wrong bag". She attempted to reason to him that she had travelled through a number of airports recently with the same bag and had experienced no problems elsewhere. The officer, full of conversation only ever uttered two syllabels throughout the conversation, repeating "wrong bag" on a number of occasions. He then insisted she go back out of security and purchase a correct bag costing £1 from the machine outside security.

Nothing unusual in ths you might say - if the bag was incorrect, it was incorrect.

However, it just so happened at the same time as this was happening the next passenger was told by the adjoining security officer that his bag did not meet the criteria also. However, in this instance, the officer handed the gentleman a bag from behind the counter and asked the gentleman to transfer his liquids to the new bag before waving him through.

It also transpired that my niece who was travelling also had the same bag as her mother but forgot to take it out of her hand luggage and it passed through the X-ray machine without comment.

Whilst I am aware rules are rules and the officer may have been strictly within his rights, I think this is yet another example of the infamous customer service, or lack of it, that some of the staff at PIK are all too often demonstrating. The airport has enough to worry about economically without passengers getting such a negative experience. Management need to tackle this poor attitude in a minority of staff.