PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing walking?
Thread: Wing walking?
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 20:09
Cusco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stik: I'm truly flattered by your warm endorsement on the basis of a single meeting over ten years ago:

The OP was expressing a wish to carry out wing walking and was effectively canvassing details of where he could sublimate his desires.

I don't think he'd used the search function, and having read about the Kyles' tragic accident a few weeks ago and with the Amanda Franklin thread already running just six postings below his I linked them for his convenience.

I'm not in any way seeking to besmirch the Kyles' performances: I have seen videos of their act a couple of years ago and they are true professionals: What happened to them with Amanda's loss in an unmitigated tragedy.

I watched the wing walkers at Duxford at the spring Airshow last week flying in winds of 24G35 and have the greatest respect for their undoubted skill.

I'm merely pointing out that wing walking is not a walk in the park for untrained personnel and using examples that are in the public domain expressing a personal desire never to be strapped onto the top of a wing:

Amanda at least had the skill to try and climb back into the cockpit when the engine caught fire: Imagine an untrained joyrider in the same situation as illustarted by the lady in OZ.

Or if as happened to the Shaw Stearman at Old Buck with an EFATO and flip over onto its back with ensuing fire.

I guess I was trying to point out some real risks to the OP>

That's all.

Edit :the system added the definition of E F A T O : I'm not trying to teach Grandma to suck eggs................

Last edited by Cusco; 31st May 2011 at 08:09.