PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 20:07
FE Hoppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Note: When the measured speeds are below 60 kt, the measured angle of attack values are considered invalid and are not taken into account by the systems. When they are below 30 kt, the speed values themselves are considered invalid.
This note from the report links the vane angle signals to the validity of the airspeed.

Later when the nose is lowered and airspeed increases back to above 60kts the stall warning sounds again. The pilot responds by pulling and the warning stops as the airspeed drops below the lower limit.

So while we cannot say what caused the airspeed to drop we do know that it happened after the nose up command and after the stall warning.

We also know that the pitch attitude increased to 10° and the aircraft began to climb.

We also know that after the first mention of nose down input the VS dropped from 7000f/m to 700f/m and the airspeed increased sharply to 215kts by which time the aircraft had climbed 2500ft

The first mention of thrust increase is after this initial climb after a further stall warning.

If I bunt at the top of a zoom climb but fail to increase thrust will this cause a stall warning as the g reloads after the bunt?

I'm not discounting anything but I'm not adding information that isn't described in the record of events described in the report.