PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 16:11
bearfoil

takata

Greetings. Trying to avoid the shotgun approach evident here, I'd like to continue focusing on the autopilot, a/thr drop.

"... (like the RTLU was at 0210:05, remember? we told you that it was its last valid airspeed before ADRs faults)..."

This time point is gotten loaded up with data that cannot have happened all at once. The loss of auto pilot and autothrust is claimed at this time stamp, and also the PF's control inputs to correct for low right wing, and what appears a reaction to ND or excess speed, or other.

The pilots noted reaction to loss of speeds and "alternate law" is indexed at 11 seconds later?

I am unable, but will some kind soul post an accurate log?

In this sequence is all we need to know re: upset and unrecovered descent.

From some seconds prior to loss of autopilot, to TOC, the data waits to explain the crash to us all. It most certainly carries the preponderance of understanding, imho.

Until this is divulged, there will be an incessant and uninformed tug of war between the pilot's side, and the others. This is not tolerable, and BEA is struggling with a model of (for) mission that is beyond antiquated. For what it's worth, I don't find fault without mercy with their approach, they appear to be clueless, though trying their best to do some things they are ill equipped to do.

A traveller who does not check weather, and have a passing acquaintance with his/her carrier's business model is a trusting soul. It would upset the mercantile no end, but an informed public ultimately would be good for business.

When Mr. Joyce rode that 380 back from LA, I'd like to have known his heart rate, and how many times he glanced at the TRENTs. Flying is an exquisitely wonderful way to get around. A touch of discretion is not ill advised.

ventus 45

"In both cases, the HS is immersed in / operating in turbulent flow which radically reduces it's control authority."[/B] (and may exaggerate it)

What you describe is wake turbulence, certainly. This is (can be) lethal, and not just to the extent of Roll/Pitch. (use one's imagination?)

@Flight Safety

"...Right Way Up, about as likely as 3 engines failing at the exact same time in the exact same way, not very likely..."

All three pitots are placed carefully to be in similar air. All three are the same marque, and "the icing" may have been benign (conformal) in its presentation.

BA038. Both TRENT7's rolled off at the 'same time', for the exact same reasons.....caution advised.

Last edited by bearfoil; 30th May 2011 at 16:43.