PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 14:43
davionics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skirtz - first post was a stellar post, I couldn't have said it better.

It does appear to me that these pilots may've been deceived naturally believing that their flight path was not that of a stall, not as serious as it was, until the RA warnings kicked in. Severe weather, at night, at altitude, and having instrumentation (their only interface to maintaining safe flight) now questioning the validity of their concious interpretation of the situation.

If the turbulance was severe; after loss of reliable air data, possibility the initial stall accelerations could have been masked by turbulance?

No AoA, no redundancy-by-design for air data - clearly not a software fault. The first fault was invalid continuous air data from the sensors due to significant meteorological conditions (icing). You could also argue flying into such weather was a contributing factor and I would agree. Treat the disease, or treat it's symptoms.

P.S. Trolls who have an axe to grind regarding software and/or programmers, cough cough they know who they are, I suggest they walk the walk and start removing all software from their daily life, start now with their own computer... If they like I can send a program that can assist.