PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFAP (Federation) takes legal action against Jetstar
Old 30th May 2011, 14:41
aussie027

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spot on Teresa

I remember when I was flying I would often feel a small disturbance in "The Force" and just know something wasn't quite right at times.
A quick re appraisal of everything would quickly find that small error before it turned into a slightly bigger one and so on.

Regarding the Air France crash, from what Ive read so far I just cannot see how despite incorrect/ or disagreeing airspeed readings, multiple system warnings , turbulence or whatever else was going on at time, unless all the AHARS had failed so no reliable attitude info, that "Power+ Attitude=Performance" couldn't be used to maintain a safe flying speed???
Still, it certainly not the first accident/major incident in an RPT jet where when it all hit the fan, the crew did not resort to the very basic principles when hand flying trying to recover from some unusual situation/attitude.
If very experienced crews cannot cope in these circumstances I hate to think what a 400 hr pilot would do.