PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - legal action
Thread: legal action
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2002, 14:13
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get a lot of flak for making some fairly common sense pronouncements here. eg glib....spoken fluently but insincerely, and sweeping....wide in range or effect, arbitrary. The company has a record of dragging out actions for as long as possible and then settling at the death. So I see nothing glib or sweeping in my sensible comments there Liam. The point of my post which you missed or ignored was, what happens then? You cannot honestly believe that all the 49ers will be re-employed as part of a negotiated settlement whatever the outcome of the litigation. Sadly I imagine quite a few would not want to come back to CX now. The company was in error for terminating the 49ers in one heap and the AOA was in error for ramping up action which probably led to that reaction from the company. The AOA could have settled this dispute before then when the last offer that your selective memory allows was made. I recall the surprise all around the company when that offer was rejected. And indeed relief from senior management that it was rejected. What if someone starts a new union/association now? With all those not currently welcome or not wanting to be part of the AOA. By mid next year that will be around 700 pilots by my reckoning. I probably should have said 'try to settle out of court'. Tricky business this lawyer/judge stuff you can never be sure which way their warped institutional minds will meander. But should the company make a reasonable out of court offer and then the AOA reject it, wouldn't that be in the company's interests in the court room?
If you mean do I see merit in the AOA relying on overseas legal moves and bureaucratic institutions to move the company then no I don't.