PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 30th May 2011, 12:09
elrehab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi guys, i got a virgin interview this week in melbourne. i also have a confirmed traning with tiger airways (although they've put my july 4th training on hold. am so annoyed) . anyway, can anyone tell me about working with Virgin Airlines, i know its better than tiger, are the staff pay, benefits really good and as they have partner airlines, is that a good step to working with other airlines..

anyway any thoughts about working with Virgin, much appreciated from anyone. thanks!

oli 90, im attending the june recruitment day on wednesday june 1st. in melbourne although i dont have the venue yet. it says TBA

i also have a thing to add about airlines in general. I really hate the waiting game. If they are after professional loyal people. Then how about airlines get their act together and be honest to people. I dont know how virgin is like. But tiger airways told us that the two training dates were 30th may and 4th july. i choose the july one i have to quit my job and tell my employers. in saying that had they told us that the 4th july training wasnt confirmed then i wont be in this position where i already told work that im gonna quit in a month and now im stuck. At lleast now i have a chance with Virgin. But i've read of people waiting for months on end. We all have to live somehow and and pay bills and we cant sit at home waiting and be at the beck and call of airlines that play with us. Now Virgin contacted me today (Monday 30th) for an interview choice on Wednesday (1st) Thursday (2nd) or Friday (3rd). i Chose wednesday, but its still all too very soon. We're expected to come on an interview at short notice, yet play the waiting game come interviews, training etc. Not very fair at all.

I guess im all new to the airline business. Tiger airways was the first airline cabin crew job i applied for. But i trusted their word on what they said about the training dates.. Now im really not going to trust any airlines word.

does anyone know what you need to bring to the virgin interview, they havnt emailed me the stuff yet