PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Near Death Incident
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 09:15
Avfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misquoted facts....plz get them rite before such serious allegations

Just joined the forum and this is my first post....Browsing thru the archieves i come up on this thread and am shocked to see the extent to which facts have been misquoted.
To start with i would like to put forward some glaring inconsistencies in the discussion here!!!!
1) The incident was reported on email to the flight safety dept. upon arrival in JFK.

2)Air India have a very elaborate process of DFDR monitoring and frequent calls from flight safety are not rare.

3)Also Air India do have a safety reporting policy (anonymous reports included)

4)The flight safety dept. infact was critized in the mangalore crash report for being too harsh and overly punitive on erring pilots.esp for hard landings!!!

5)THE CREW INVOLVED WERE COUNCELLED ON THEIR ARRIVAL TO MUMBAI.
THIS WAS FOLLOWED UP BY CORRECTIVE SIM TRAINING SESSIONS.

Although this in no way absolves the crew of their actions,the above clarifications are for those maligning the country and the company based on inadequate ,incorrect reporting of facts.

P.S -flight crew are even called to fltsafety for switching off recirc fans while enjoyin a smoke.thats the extent to which they go!!

Also to clarify,
QUOTE from 777 FCOM

""A/T supports stall protection if armed (even if the A/t is disconnected).When speed decreases to near stick shaker activation,the A/T automatically activates and advances thrust to maintain minimum maneuvering speed(approx the top of amber band)""