PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 08:54
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Thermostat
I take it you haven't seen the satellite photo with the flight path superimposed on It. It shows the extent of the storm system with the route going through the cells. Can you explain to us all just why the A330 went out of control after entering the system? Why did the F/O make a call to the F/As advising them of turbulence ? There are none so blind as those who will not see. Why would the plane go out of control if it hadn't been close to the coffin corner in turbulence? Why would all the ASIs stop working simultaneously and all those warnings begin (some of them false) if there was no supercooled water in the CBs to cause icing of the pitots? Please answer these questions for us.
It stalled because it ran out of speed after climbing from 35k to 38k after pilot control inputs. The report makes no mention of any buffeting and turbulence during the climb. Where in the report does it indicate the rather significant G loading, forcing the aeroplane into it's 7000fpm climb, that would be expected with flying into the top of a Cb?

Who said that you can only get the conditions that block the A330 pitot system in Cbs?

Given the benign nature of the comms with the cabin about the impending turbulence ( "in two minutes we should enter
an area where it’ll move about a bit more than at the moment, you should watch out"), I hardly think that the crew knowingly flew into a Cb.

I'm not saying they didn't fly into the top of a Cb; merely that there is no evidence to suggest they did. As for the Sat Pic, I hardly think that could be used to claim they did fly through a Cb given the scale of the image, as CONF iture has said.

Don't see something that is not there, Thermostat.