PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 01:57
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machinbird
From the BEA statement
Quote:

At 2 h 12 min 02, the PF said "I don’t have any more indications", and the PNF said "we have no valid indications".
At that moment, the thrust levers were in the IDLE detent and the engines’ N1’s were at 55%. Around fifteen seconds later, the PF made pitch-down inputs. In the following moments, the angle of attack decreased, the speeds became valid again and the stall warning sounded again.
Well, I should have read this report about 20 times now, in French and English and I certainly do remember it.
Now, this come at 0212:02 + 15 seconds... more than 2 minutes after the begining of manual flight. At this point, I would expect something like:
"The pilot made pitch-down imputs to the stops during 1-2 minute(s)" not "the PF made pitch-down imputs" (how many, how far, how long?).
I'm not sure that it is showing that the PF had fully realised the situation at this point (and I believe he did not).
Nonetheless, despite having a THS trim at +13 deg and being already in a full stall situation, it seems that those imputs are effective by reducing the AoA... hence, elevators were still effectives, don't you think?