PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 01:37
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi mm43,
Originally Posted by mm43
There is something about the AP/ATHR OFF that may be related to the questions takata is/was posing. Svarin has also shown keen interest in this area, and ultimately time will tell whether it was warranted or not.
In fact, I have no doubt about what caused AP/ATHR OFF (UAS/ALT). But there is no detail in BEA note about the weather as there is no reference to turbulence level, g variation, etc. Hence, I wonder about what could have caused this roll beside the weather or any uncontrolled pilot imput when AP went off.

On the other hand, I'm wondering also if there is not a mach correction of the AoA function -at high mach numbers- that could change the resolution of the displayed alpha and could cause a Stall warning following an unreliable airspeed. This happened many times during past UAS events and it is far from clear if those warnings were "real" or only caused by the change of AoA resolution. Another possibility would be that AoA probes could be affected by ice in some way (TAT probes seeems to be) at the same time as the pitots are clogged.