PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 00:59
NandoCarioca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed

bubbers44 said!

Somehow the pitot tube icing up caused the pilot flying who hadn't probably handflown the airplane much before lost his airspeed thought Airbus says it won't stall so pulled back so when the static source at his higher altitude gave him with the trapped pitot pressure caused the overspeed warning he retarded the throttle, then came the stall warning which he ignored so put it in a deep stall 3,000 ft above his assigned altitude. You cannot zoom climb an airplane that large without running out of airspeed. Everybody knows that. Other than monitoring the autopilot I wonder how many hours he had flying manually in an airliner. I heard he had 800 hrs in type and less than 3,000 total hours. How many hours was not monitoring the autopilot?
Like I said in my first and previous post, I´m not a pilot, I´m a
doctor. But something tells me, bubbers44 has it figured out!

Inexperienced pilot for that kind of complex machine, flying in a corrupted
environment, faced with a dual challenge (what´s going on outside, and what´s going on inside), miss-reacted maybe naively (expecting) thinking all the protective envelopes would prevent the a/c from a high altitude stall - just as he might have been told in training for that type of a/c!

Who knows? In my line of work, we´re sold a lot o BS for truths! And many inexperienced doctor just buy the idea; never question, do as your told. I figure in the aviation world similar approaches are used to sell you erroneous info!

Don´t mean to offend anyone here, but the sum of circumstances is
building up to this unfortunate reality.

At least this is my two cents worth!