PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlantic Electras
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 00:01
thetimesreader84

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it comes (there's a certain degree of skepticism - a kind of "i'll believe it when I see it" mentality) the A320 is supposed to go to WestLux. Having said that, its all gone very quiet on that front, and you never know what madcap schemes management are drawing up.

The (2 as far as I was aware) Tu-204s were being "evaluated" - the only way they could be used on the AOC at that time i believe. I think AA management were lured in by the thought of a brand new 757 size aircraft for the cost of a used 737. That is until they realised that the price was for the Russian certified version, the JAR/EASA one would be 10x the original cost. That and the spares had to come from Vladivostock. Still, they are still flying for Cairo Aviation out of LEJ on a night, and presumably doing alright for themselves.

The only replacement for an Electra at this moment in time is 2 ATPs. Any serious desire to replace the Electra would have seen things happening by now (crews being trained, a/c arriving or orders placed).