PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2011, 23:06
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
Originally Posted by milsabords
Cher cousin, it does not sound ambiguous to me: "en butée" (full stop) applies to "gauche" (left) and "à cabrer" (nose up).
Otherwise it would be: "à cabrer et en butée à gauche", or "à gauche et en butée à cabrer".
Yep, I concur with your explanation, hence also this English translation.
Originally Posted by bearfoil
The drop to ALT Law found him with a fist full of back stick and roll left? What does he do then? More importantly, what does a/c do? The THS?
Alternate law should pop up on each pilot's PFD at 0210:05, with several amber flags (3). The PNF talking about the "speed lost" and "alternate" are more sounding like a cold statement than a timely warning. The THS certainly did close to nothing at and right after this point as it was still at +3 deg (close to normal) 46 seconds later until much more sustained stick NU. It took about one minute to reach +13 deg but it was between 0210:51 and 0211:51 (more likely 0211:40). More than very likely, this trim rate was caused by pilots NU imputs alone.

From 0211:40, she would not be anymore in Alternate law as all speeds and AoAs were invalidated => abnormal law: THS is frozen at +13 deg and autotrim become inactive (like the RTLU was at 0210:05, remember? we told you that it was its last valid airspeed before ADRs faults).

About the roll, it looks like an oscillation (left and right) and I'm wondering also about what caused it as she seems unbalanced at its right from the time AP went off. From 0210:05, yaw and roll axis were in direct law without any PRIM control and to not overshoot bank corrections might be tricky even in light turbulence.

Some questions I'm asking myself:
1. was the first stall warning "real" when AP went off?
2. what caused this roll just before AP went off?

Last edited by takata; 30th May 2011 at 00:08.