PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2011, 20:49
Admiral Shin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It really amazes me that there are so many super god like pilots opining here, all with super hindsight acting as if the data released so far give them a crystal clear picture of all the cockpit indications in this tragic flight. I can bet my last dollar that if we are ever able to simulate all the chaos and mess that had happened on this cockpit and throw them at a super airbus ace caught unaware, the outcome would have been no different.

In another life as a checker, after completing the sim check of a super ace to a very high standards we used the remaining time to conduct some extra excercises on really unusual attitudes with combinations of other failures...the plane went belly up, ace or no ace. We repeated it twice, same results. 2 years later, another sim check and super ace asked for another go at that exercise...he managed to save the plane but barely. He admitted he thought long and hard about it coming out with all the possible solutions in his head before the session. He was truly humbled and conceded that there were combinations of failures that are almost impossible to handled when one is caught unaware with not much time on one's side.

So, sky gods hold your peace. Thank your lucky stars that it did not happened to you. Hope that the manufacturers come up with equipments without all those design flaws; get the designers to think like average sensible pilots, not anal retentive hardnose savants who think that handling an inflight emergency is as easy as having brainstorming piss up in some soothing sequestered karaoke joint.