PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2011, 20:39
JD-EE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CogSim, regarding the apparently silly roll commands I got to wondering if the PF was, indeed, the pilot who replaced the captain and whether he adjusted the stick properly when he sat down. If the stick was maladjusted I can conjure in my mind the roll being a spurious input. Of course, that does not necessarily apply for the times the command was all the way to the stops.

Another question comes to mind. We have the autopilot then auto-thrust disengage. Then the PF climbs with a roll. Is there a procedure that would call for a climb on AP/AT disengagement? (And did the pilot make his input before, simultaneously with, or in response to the stall warning? The wording seems to imply he acted before (perhaps barely) the stall warning. Was the pilot starting the unreliable airspeed procedure? (It was tens of seconds later that the thrust levers were shoved to TOGA.)

It might also pay to know precisely who was PF. Reactions honed in past experience may have led to an action inappropriate for an A300-200. That would indicate a cure is better training, with a lot more "unexpected events" during the training flight. (This event may end up as a bonanza for the people who make the simulators as more time may be needed for more unexpected events.)