PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2011, 18:27
Rananim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crazy design

The autotrim and stall warning inhibit were lethal traps here.I love it when Airbus guys come on here and say its easy,just follow the procedure.The Airbus isnt so easy in non-normals is it?Its not really an intuitive a/c.How many different laws are there?Even an AIrbus guy didnt know all of them and had to be corrected.And this autotrim givesfull ANU in one LAW but a second later autotrim is no longer available because we're now in a new degraded law.And so the poor pilot who is used to autotrim is now stuck with full ANU trim.Hes got to second-guess what these Flight Computers are doing.In real time.And then the stall warning..on one minute,off the next even though the stalled condition hasnt changed.So when he did push down and the stall warning re-activated,he reacted instinctively and reversed his decision.My God,it would confuse the hell out of me too.And all of this going on in the middle of the night over the ocean with no tactile/visual feedback.No trim wheel.No control wheel.Just two sidesticks.The PF could be performing the direct opposite of the required recovery procedure and the PNF wouldnt be any the wiser.Myhat is off to you guys who fly this thing,itreally is.

Still,I expect they will still go with pilot error as probable cause.Technically,it was.But system design didnt help them any on this dark stormy night.