PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots, You Are Losing The Battle.
Old 29th May 2011, 16:49
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
look what happened to this bloke.

Hi assasin8,
Good to see some balance
Yes, not just balance, I think Miranda
hit the nail on the head with
Qantas’ current industrial strife is a worry to fans of the national carrier. Why is a newly arrived Irish CEO with an incomprehensible accent attacking the pilots, of all people, and calling them “rogues” and “kamikazes”.
Clearly Alan Joyce, 44, doesn’t understand Australians’ attachment to Qantas.
The real Qantas kamikaze - to be sure to be sure | Daily Telegraph Miranda Devine Blog

I believe many Australians would like what Miranda wrote as well, they don't like CEOs destroying a national icon. Unlike the 89 horror story, I believe the public are tired of outsiders bulldozing with spin in the media, which is probably perceived as opportunistic (lining their own pockets for short term gain, then out of here.) The punters can see through it this time.

Look what happened to this bloke after what he did as CEO of another large Australian company.

Telstra (ASX:TLS) in Turmoil as CEO David Thodey Takes Charge

Thodey is still trying to pick up the pieces after Trujillo left the company, but it is time he sets things in place and moves forward, as the uncertainty has gone on as long as it can without meaningful change made to set the company on a firmer foundation.

AJ looks like he will go the same way, his image is all wrong.

Last edited by TIMA9X; 29th May 2011 at 17:06.