PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2011, 11:17
sirgawain123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I´m very disappointed from latest BEA report.
It is not what it tells. Its about what they actually know and dont want people (either public in general, or aviation experts not belonging to their investigation) to know at this moment.

At 2 h 12 min 02, the PF said "I don’t have any more indications", and the PNF said "we have no valid indications". At that moment, the thrust levers were in the IDLE detent and the engines’ N1’s were at 55%.
When,who and why the levers were retarded to IDLE?

Around fifteen seconds later, 2:12:17? the PF made pitch-down inputs. In
the following moments, the angle of attack decreased, the speeds became valid again and the stall warning sounded again.

How long the pitch down inputs lasted? what effect was achieved?

At 2 h 13 min 32, the PF said "we’re going to arrive at level one hundred". About fifteen seconds later, simultaneous inputs by both pilots on the sidesticks were recorded and the PF said "go ahead you have the controls".
What inputs were being provided by each pilot?

The angle of attack, when it was valid, always remained above 35 degrees. The recordings stopped at 2 h 14 min 28.

We have to believe (faith based) their "new finding" "the inputs made by the PF were mainly nose-up", as BEA report doesnt provide the full sequence of pitch commands. It could even be pitch down input from 2:12:17 to impact, without being in contradiction with "history of flight" para.

I´m ashamed that they dont tell what dialogues were ongoing in the cabin, what diagnosis they achieved (either wrong or correct),...and lots ogf things BEA surely know and they hide.

Last edited by sirgawain123; 29th May 2011 at 12:19. Reason: correct myself: i meant pitch down where i initially wrote pitch up