PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anti- qantas threads
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2011, 09:42
unionist1974

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anti- qantas threads

I have notived over the last few months how much Anti- Qantas threads there are . Now that is ok in a democrtaic country we live in . And , good luck to you all , for being so militant on cyberspace .
But , then I had the thought ( yes I get the odd one ) why are these workers doing this !
Biting the hand that feeds them ( in some cases very well ) so I looked deeper .
Now as an old Trade Unionist , i thoght i might enquire as to what the real workers are up to . And , funilly enough the cleaners , the trades assistants , the labouerers , the office cleaners are just working away .
It is this group of workers though , the ones that really need the help of Trade Unions , will be the ones that suffer , lose their jobs , families suffer , if QF Internatuional goes to the wall.
The "workers "at the bottom of the pile have never had any support from the Ėlite "the Prima Donnas of the Industry . No , just shove that lot further down the queue on staff travel, so you can get on ahead. '
When did the Pilots or LAMES last log Qantas to improve the lot of the low paid workers in the Company?
I will tell you never !
SO , continue to think how ahard you re done by , just think about he female cleaner , cleaning the Qf aircraft you board as a 747 Captain . You are on i guess $400,000 pa she about $40,000.
Yes, you will give me all the stuff about responsibility , training etc , but does she pay less for housing than you? less than food for you? less for energy than you ?
NO.
You are the privilleged , who HAVE been given the training at COMPANY EXPENSE . Unions have done well by you . NOW , spare a thought for those with less fortunate circumstances , before you wreck the joint , and destroy their lives. ( not bothered about yours ).