PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2011, 09:31
freightdoggy dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, I will spend £5 on petrol/diesel to drive to Southampton for free drop off....

Birmingham only charge £1 for drop and go ( 10 Mins), so I could save money by driving to Birmingham ?

Or maybe I could walk from Hurn Court ?

As a consumer of a service Boh.Air you have a choice and yes you can gripe/moan/complain/refuse to buy the product...but I think Flitefone has it spot on.

I fly from many Southern UK airports and chose the flights. whether it is Ryanair or B.A First Class, based on what I want to do...The cost of a pint of beer is not going to stop me from using BOH .

If the flight schedule and convenience outweighs other factors. Then I can be home in 10 minutes and not stuck on the M25....and to me that is priceless.

As they say, some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. Maybe MAG are taking the pith and the yellow cones are a PR disaster...but they are a commercial business and unlike our local councils have raised the money to invest in facilities for "ALL" the airport users.

Now that debt has to be repaid ............or would you still prefer the 1945 Nissan hut mentality ?

Ps. letting Joe Public drive a vehicle that close to the terminal in Southampton must have the Dft and Matra twitching...BAA are missing an opportunity here to charge for drop n go...based on a security threat surely ?