PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bachelor of aviation (flying) degree
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2011, 09:15
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(with Aust taking on from Americas lead where the vast majority of airline pilots have degrees and were scouted from colleges)
Oh that old chessnut! Gotta say I heard that one at the uni open day 15 years ago. Feel like getting my Guns N Roses T shirt on for the occasion! Guess what it was just total spin!

I could have spent the 3 years and several thousand dollars getting myself a plan B. I got done like a dinner. Young and Naive I was. What you will find as time passes by is that these opportunities get smaller and smaller with future Mrs hamiltonw and the rug rat talk and a 650k mortgage even if you wanted to go and get a back you won't be able to. Don't be like me: painted into a corner, at the mercy of the next big HR managers idea (deep ****). Oh well too late fingers crossed.

How many times was I asked about the degree for flying roles in 15 years? Not once. Sorry guys I'm not bagging education I'm saying do it on line whilst in GA or in an airline. Don't waste crucial time in your late teens and early twenties getting a "nice to have". Set your foundation at the start: get a trade my friend.